AccuWeather Global Weather Center – April 2, 2015—StoryTeller® Interactive Touchscreen Solution by AccuWeather, the revolutionary interactive solution for the entire newsroom, introduces new and enhanced features at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show April 13-16, 2015 that will transform local news operations.
New StoryTeller enhancements were specifically developed and designed to resonate with TV viewers’ new media behaviors and expectations, now fully integrating the power of user-generated content (UGC), localized social media engagement, in-depth audience polling and feedback, and more. NAB 2015 live demos include:
- AccuWeather weather features with Superior Accuracy™ from the world’s largest and fastest growing weather
- company, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® minute-by-minute updates, new “on the scene” UGC weather
- video, and high-definition image integration.
- Improved Social Media App, using the power of UGC content now with fast, easy local search capabilities to
- quickly and easily bring viewers the local story angle on trending topics, providing the relevant social media
- pulse that viewers are looking for.
- Enhanced Polling App with the power of real-time audience feedback, now with additional polling features and
- graphics capabilities.
- Drone HD video integration, bringing aerial live-stream video seamlessly into the StoryTeller Interactive
- Touchscreen Solution.
- All-new Traffic solution with innovative 3-D traffic functionality, offering the next level of interactive, hyper-local
- traffic updates to attract and inform viewers.
“If local television stations consider one new solution this year at NAB, it should be StoryTeller. We are helping stations worldwide differentiate themselves and become the dominant force in their markets,” said Loren Tobia, Vice President of Sales for AccuWeather’s Display Systems and Services division. “People are consuming more digital content than ever before through mobile phones, tablets, wearables, and other connected devices. To stay ahead of the competition and rapid transformational changes, local TV stations must revolutionize traditional media models by bringing a new experience to their broadcasts. StoryTeller incorporates the next level of interactivity and visual excitement into a cutting edge, high-tech experience that attracts and engages audiences at a more personalized, local level than ever before.”AccuWeather’s unique StoryTeller Touchscreen Solution is used in newsrooms across North America, including 14 of the 15 U.S. markets, as well as in China, Belgium, Nigeria, and South America with a global audience reach of over 100 million U.S. viewers and more than 300 million worldwide.
StoryTeller by AccuWeather will be showcased at NAB 2015 Booth #SL6009. For more information contact: Justin Roberti / 814.235.8756 / email@example.com
AccuWeather is a global leader in digital media, developing award-winning AccuWeather apps and partnering with all major manufacturers of mobile devices, serving up to 10 billion data requests every day. AccuWeather has applied this digital expertise to develop the unique StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, the only tool of its kind for the entire newsroom that brings every story to life in all-new compelling, interactive, and engaging ways. Interactive content available on StoryTeller includes weather with Superior Accuracy™ from AccuWeather, live polling, sports, social media, traffic, crime, special events, and more.